With one of the fastest-growing economies, flourishing infrastructure, and beautiful ambiance, Dubai stands to be one of the top tourist destinations in the UAE. To have a taste of Dubai’s world-class cuisine and to savor its delicacies, Travelers from around the world gather here. Such potential attracts business people who wish to open a restaurant in Dubai.
If you are wondering about how to open a restaurant business in Dubai, then we have prepared a comprehensive list of those things. This list will help you open the restaurant of your dreams in the luxurious city of Dubai.
- Permits & Licenses required for the opening Restaurant Business
– Trade License (Depending on Location, whether it the restaurant is located in Mainland or respected freezone Area)
– Food & Safety License
– NOC from Municipality of Dubai
– Liquor Permit (In case of serving liquor)
– Ramadan Permit
– Pork Permit
– Delivery Permit
- Determining Your Restaurant’s Cuisine, Concept and USP
When opening a restaurant, you will have a unique concept in your mind, something that would help you stand out from your competitors. This will give you an upper-hand in Dubai’s competitive restaurant industry. Another thing you need to consider is determining your restaurant’s USP. If you have an unusual theme or introduce an innovative menu item, it will help attract a lot of customers. Therefore, experiment with what has never been done before!
- Costs to Consider Before Opening a Restaurant
Opening a restaurant business requires a hefty investment; therefore before you start a restaurant, you should jot down those expenses considering the defined cuisine and concept to avoid wasting money on unnecessary things or going overboard and spending more than what’s required.
For every restaurant owner, it is essential to have an approximate idea of the expenses they will have to bear beforehand. Some of the costs to consider before opening a restaurant are:
- Rent or expense of buying a new property
- Government Permissions
- Staff training programme
- Software for daily operations
- Visa and Insurance of Staff
- Salaries and other Working capital
- Cost of setting up the restaurant – equipment, fitout cost, furniture, tables, chairs, etc.
- Deciding Location and Ambiance
Setting up a fancy location and eye-catching ambiance is another important factor in developing plans for your restaurant in Dubai. Free zone area and Mainland area are the two available options in Dubai. For the Free zone areasit is required to have trade license from the dedicated Freezone Authority and for the Mainland area, DED Authority will issue trade license.
- Hiring Qualified Staff
Having good employees is a clear indication of a good restaurant and the best service; therefore it is essential to hire the best staff. The restaurant industry in the Gulf region has a high turnover rate which makes it very important to hire people who would stay and help your restaurant business grow.
- Architectural Rules for Opening a Restaurant Business in Dubai
Every restaurant has to adhere to some important architectural rules to operate in Dubai. A few important rules are given below:
- The kitchen area has to be at least three hundred square feet or should be forty percent of the total area of the restaurant.
- It is necessary to have proper ventilation and an exhaust system in the restaurant.
- The chimney should be higher than the closest building(two-meter minimum).
- All the walls in the restaurant should be washable and a hundred percent fireproof. The same applies to the roof and floor.
- You must provide a separate basin(with both hot and cold water options) for washing the dishes, veggies, fruits, and one separate washing space for meat.
- Dry, chilled, and frozen food items require different storage facilities.
- Make sure that the drainage pipe is a minimum of two inches away from the walls.
How Can We Help?
Get Your Free Meeting from Horizon Biz Consultancy to know more about Company Setup Services of Restaurant Business in Dubai
Horizon Biz Consultancy is experienced in company setup, business consultation, accounting services, tax consultation, outsource payroll, business, trading license, CFO services and many other services too. Our UAE based qualified consultants, auditors and accountants are experienced working with many small and leading businesses/companies and organization.
Would you like to know more about Horizon Biz Consultancy Services?
Speak to our experts today.
We are providing not only Dubai’s, but United Arab Emirates’ best Business Consultation Services.
We are working for 6 decades. And years of experience will never let you down.
-Accounting & Book-keeping
-Outsource Accounting Services
-Trade License Advisory Services
-Company License Registration &Renewals
-Outsource Payroll Processing Services
-UAE Local Sponsorship Services
-Trading License Advisory
-Outsource CFO Services
-Auditing Services etc.
Call/WhatsApp us Now, For a Free Consultation!