Why You Should Prepare for VAT Audit in Dubai UAE?
Services like VAT Audit, due diligence and consultation are a complete review of the organization’s overall VAT readiness and compliance procedures.
With VAT only introduced in the UAE less than three years ago, there have been many phases of clarifications and updates since it was officially introduced in January 2018. This is common practice to make sure the law is clear, within one year alone, more than 12 clarifications have been published by the Federal Tax Authority.
There are still many questions from companies, specifically SME’s (Small and Medium Sized Enterprises) with regards to Tax Audits; should you worry? What can be done to prepare for a tax audit? What actually is a tax audit?
What is a Tax Audit?
An official tax audit is undertaken by the Federal Tax Authority where they review all financial records of a UAE company. These audits are done to ensure that a company is legally compliant.
What should you know about a Tax Audit?
- When a Tax Audit is conducted, the FTA can either undertake the audit on any premises owned by the company being audited.
- The FTA have the right to obtain any documentation (either originals or copies) the see viable to verify company stock or assets.
- When a Tax Audit is taking place, the person in charge of the audit from the company side must assist the Tax Auditor with any of their requirements. As per Cabinet Resolution No (40) of 2017 on Administrative Penalties for Violations of Tax Laws in the UAE, it is an offense to not facilitate the work of the Tax Auditor and failure to comply can incur a penalty of AED 20,000.
- As per Tax procedures law, a Tax Auditor must provide notice of 5 working days prior to the official audit taking place. However, if the FTA has grounds to believe that the company subject to a Tax Audit is involved in tax evasion the Tax Auditor can legally enter the business premises and temporarily close the company for a period of a maximum of 72 hours, without prior notice.
What is Tax Audit all about?
As per Article 3 of Cabinet Decision No. (36) of 2017 on the Executive Regulation of Federal Law No. (7) of 2017 on Tax Procedures, every taxable person is required to keep tax records for at least 5 years and even more years in certain specific cases. This means that a taxable company will be audited at least once within 5 years therefore it is imperative that you are prepared.
Our tips to prepare for a Tax Audit
- Ensure you are up to date with the guidelines issued by FTA
- Look into options for using a registered tax auditor, which is recommended as they are fully aware of what is required
- Do a pre-audit check to give yourself time to correct any errors prior to the official audit by the FTA
- Perform a reconciliation between accounts and VAT return frequently
How Can We Help?
Get your 1st Free Meeting, to Know VAT Audit from Horizon Biz Consultancy
Our VAT audit services in Dubai UAE, will result in a thorough and critical evaluation of the VAT accounting and return filing by the entity in line with the guidance note issued by the Federal Tax Authority on document maintenance, tax collection, payment, input tax claim etc. A subsequent report is issued based on the agreed-upon procedures as per the international standards, for future reference by the organization.
Horizon Biz Consultancy is experienced in VAT, business consultation, business/company setup, and accounting services. Our UAE based, qualified auditors, consultants and accountants are experienced working with many small and leading businesses/companies and organization.
Would you like to know more about VAT Audit Service or any other services?
Speak to our experts today.
We are providing not only Dubai’s, but United Arab Emirates’ best Business Consultation Services.
We are working since 6 decades. And years of experience will never let you down.
– VAT/Tax Consultation Services
– Audit Services
– Business Consultation Services
– Company/Business Setup Services
– Company Liquidation Services
– Trading License Advisory Services
– Accounting & Book-keeping Services
– Outsource Accounting Services
– Outsource CFO Services
– Outsource Payroll Processing Services
– Financial Services etc.
Call us Now, For a Free Consultancy!